• Peter Levine on Somatic Experiencing
• TV psychotherapist Benjamin Fry was devastated by depression. Then he discovered a radical new treatment.
• “Don’t talk to me now, I’m scanning for danger” An interview with Stephen Porges about his polyvagal theory: How your nervous system sabotages your ability to relate. By Ravi Dykema.
• Peter Levine – Nature’s Lessons in Healing Trauma: An Introduction to Somatic Experiencing®
• Peter Levine – Working with an Iraq Veteran with PTSD
• Peter Levine on ADHD and SE
• Trauma, Somatic Experiencing and Peter A. Levine
• A Summary of Trauma & Somatic Experiencing® by Peter A. Levine, PhD – Peter uses his famous “Slinky” presentation to demonstrate the effects of trauma on the nervous system, and his philosophy of treating trauma; which involves slowly releasing (or titrating) this compressed fight-or-flight energy a bit at time to give the individual the ability to reintegrate it back into their nervous system.
Videos Worth Watching:
• “Kind Eyes” Video with Diane Heller (2 minutes)
• “Free Hugs” Video by Lisa Murray (5 minutes)
• “Free Hugs” Juan Mann, Australia